Family Ministry Administrative Assistant
Position: Family Ministry is an integral part of life at King of Glory. The Family Ministry Administrative Assistant supports both Interim Director of Youth Ministries and the Coordinator of Children’s Ministry as they develop and implement programs and interact with children, youth and families.
Part-time hours 25 per week.
General Responsibilities: The Family Ministry Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative and organization tasks related to Family Ministry and will serve as the primary contact person for individuals seeking information about specific programs or events. From time to time the Family Ministry Administrative Assistant will be asked to provide support for events that occur during a weekend or evening. Sunday mornings required.
- Create and track task flow charts for specific events, insuring that each task is completed in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain and distribute mailing lists, attendance and registration logs
- Create and distribute informational postcards, letters and emails
- Create weekly electronic newsletter for Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry
- Create and submit financial reports for overall programs and for individual events
- Create, print, and display children friendly bulletin boards. PR Materials related to upcoming events in consultation with Communications Director.
- Answer phone and email inquiries or direct to appropriate Director for attention
- Create and maintain Family Ministry related website and social media content/copy.
- Schedule Nursery Workers for events.
- Reserve off-site facilities for events
- Order food and supplies for events and coordinate volunteers to assist with set up.
- Distribute and maintain forms such as liability release, and medical information for children attending events outside King of Glory. Volunteers working with children have a current background check on file.
- Track, organize and maintain supplies for all Children and Youth events and ministries, replacing as needed via ordering or shopping.
- Gather supplies as needed for individual events
- Insure that rooms are set up according to the needs of a particular event
- Removing and replacing supplies and materials that are no longer needed
- Proficient computer skills, using applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database (Shelby), email (Outlook, Constant Contact), Service U, Sign up Genius, Internet and social media. Should also be comfortable updating website pages. Training on our Shelby, Constant Contact, Service U, Sign-up Genius, and web platform is provided.
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Creativity and a gift for Hospitality
- Able to work independently without close supervision
- Able to work with private and confidential information
- Strong sense of time management and work efficiency
- Capable of working well as part of a team
- Able to work some evenings or weekends as needed for special events
- Current driver’s license
Reporting Structure: The Family Ministry Administrative Assistant reports to the Interim Youth Director and the Coordinator of Children’s Ministry.
Salary based on Experience
To apply, send resume to