Part time Custodian Weekends
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Custodians are responsible for cleaning of offices, classrooms, restrooms, and hallways.
2. Sunday morning make coffee for Atrium available for Sunday School, Worship Services and other needs that may arise.
3. Informs the Maintenance Supervisor of needed supplies and/or equipment.
4. Assists in trash management by collecting and discarding.
5. Provides any and all other duties as deemed necessary by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Salary: $10.00 per hour, 12 hours per week
King of Glory Lutheran Church
6411 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, TX 75240
David Cowart - Director of Church Administration
Position Summary: The Nursery Supervisor is a part-time position of ten hours per week responsible for developing and implementing a caring and loving spirit and a successful program of nursery childcare within our congregation.
This person needs to have the gifts of love of children and members and be eager to enlist others with the same gift.
- Care for children
- Supervise Nursery Attendants and Assistants
- Development and implementation of activities for the children
- Development and implementation of nursery procedures
- Management of all facilities and supplies necessary for nursery operation
- Operation, control and cleanliness of the facilities, furniture and toys
- Scheduling Nursery Attendants and Assistants
- Care for children, help recruit, train, oversee, and evaluate Nursery Attendants
Sunday Morning Worship Services 8am – 12:30pm
Wednesday Evening as needed 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Other Congregational Events As necessary
- Train new Nursery Attendants and Assistants
- Take calls from Nursery Attendants who are ill or going on vacation
- Arrange for another attendant when attendant calls in ill
- Recommend purchase of educational toys
- Oversee reception and release of children from the nursery
- Ensure consistent interaction of attendants with the children
- Maintain adequate and appropriate supplies inventories for activities, snacks and cleaning
- Report all critical incidents to the Director
- Review and submit staff time cards
- Every child and parent feels welcomed, valued, and appreciated, from the time they arrive in the Nursery to the time they leave for home.
- Trained Nursery Attendants and Assistants
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalent
- Submit and pass a background check
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Have a love for children that is genuine
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Warm, outgoing personality
- A personal sense of mission and of a calling to this ministry
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous childcare experience
Reports to: Director of Youth and Family Ministries